One of the most important tasks that you need to do upon moving is organizing your items inside the storage unit. You need to invest time to plan the layout of the boxes that you need to store in your chosen storage facility (mine is delray beach storage). Once you have determined the items that you want in storage, and have determine the size of the storage unit, your next step is to organize the items so they can fit in comfortably inside.
There are two main things that you need to remember when organizing your very own storage unit:
- You need to make sure that items can be easily accessed at all times. At some point, you will need to get some of the items in storage. The last thing that you want is to ruin the organization, so make sure that the layout is well planned out.
- Take extra precaution and care when storing your belongings. You need to pack your items carefully to avoid damage.
- Place protective sheeting or boards on the floor. This is especially true if you are storing valuable artwork and furniture. If you are unsure with the level of cleanliness of delray storage facility, it pays to add a little bit of protection by installation of protective sheets.
- If you are moving heavy boxes to your chosen unit, ask the personnel if they can provide you with trolley or carts to make transportation easy and fast.
- Always leave an aisle between rows and columns of boxes. This will make it easy to retrieve the boxes anywhere inside the unit.
- Make sure to place the heaviest boxes at the bottom of the stack. This will also save space and ensure that all other smaller boxes are kept secure from falling.